Champfèr – St.Moritz – Switzerland

12/02/2017

Opening up the outside shutters – looking through glass doors which spread across the whole of the lounge room only to be confronted by the magnificent Corvatsch mountain. A walk along a footpath from Champfèr led us to the next village of Silvaplana. Just as we approached Silvaplana, light snowflakes floated around us. This enhanced the feeling of tranquility surrounding us as we continued walking in silence capturing every moment as if it was sacred. We walked along the Silvaplana frozen lake and admired the cross-country skiers in the distance as the snow started to fall much heavier. I just about managed to make a few pictures and within seconds we lost visibility of all surroundings. A bitter snow storm had kicked in. We decided to turn around and go the same way back – but that was impossible as we saw nothing. By chance, we glimpsed two figures moving and followed them. If this was a footpath – it was difficult to establish. I could not believe so much snow had fallen in such a short period of time. We walked up a slightly steep hill and it was an effort, as, I sank deep into the snow, each step I took. I had many layers of clothes on and I felt hot while my fingers became almost numb. My face started to hurt, as the snow continuously battered across it. Especially the right side. I was tired and miserable. I longed to be back admiring the Corvatsch mountain from the warmth of the apartment lounge. I went to Hotel Giardino mountain Dipiu spa where I spent the rest of the day. The indoor pool and jacuzzi area is very beautiful and large with resting zones. I was totally rejuvenated after the spa and we headed to Giardino Mountain bar for drinks. Champagne will do just fine – Thanks! Hotel Giardino Mountain lounge area around the fireplace. Ski jacket, similar here

Shop the look

You Might Also Like

• Arinda Puspitasari 14/03/2017 at 09:54

Hi Yvonne,

This view is so awesome.
    I’m in love with your jacket as well! Great taste x

yvonne 14/03/2017 at 12:27

Hello Arinda, I appreciate your comment and thanks for checking out my blog! xo

• Erica 16/02/2017 at 20:28

Looks like an amazing experience! Hope you had a wonderful time. All the snow is beautiful, but the hotel is gorgeous as well. That pool is so dreamy. xx

Erica

yvonne 17/02/2017 at 17:46

Hello Erica, I totally enjoyed the vacation in the mountain. The hotel is so lovely and the spa are is fantastic! xo

• Jalisa 16/02/2017 at 19:03

This place looks amazing, like a winter wonderland and the hotel looks so luxurious! Thanks for sharing, girlie, and I hope you’re having a great week so far!

Xo,

Jalisa

yvonne 17/02/2017 at 17:41

It’s a very beautiful place for winter vacation especially if you love to ski! Thanks Jaslisa! xo

• Freja 16/02/2017 at 15:56

Amazing pictures! I have always wanted to visit Switzerland and your post make me want to go even more

yvonne 17/02/2017 at 17:43

Thank you, Freja! I’m glad you like the post! xo

• Rina 16/02/2017 at 00:31

I would love to go and visit Switzerland one day! It looks like you had an amazing time and the hotel you stayed at is beautiful!

xoxo Rina

yvonne 16/02/2017 at 06:43

Hello Rina, if you get the chance you should visit Switzerland. It’s a beautiful place! Hotel Giardino Mountain is very beautiful and has a great spa. xo

• Amy 15/02/2017 at 22:54

Such a winter wonderland!! That spa looks like pure bliss! Aren’t the Swiss Alps just sooo beautiful?!

xx, Amy

yvonne 16/02/2017 at 06:35

The spa is absolutely beautiful with treatment rooms, saunas, relaxing lounge and gym. Have a great day Amy! xo

• Face to Curls 15/02/2017 at 16:16

I’ve never been to Switzerland before but it looks like a great place to visit! Looks like you had fun!

Ann-Marie | https://facetocurls.com

yvonne 15/02/2017 at 17:25

You should visit if you get the chance. It’s a very beautiful place! I had a great time! xo

• sharron 15/02/2017 at 15:32

Wow. Looks like you had such an awesome yet relaxing experience. Plenty of gorgeous views there.

deffinatlyshaz.co.zw

yvonne 15/02/2017 at 17:21

Thank you, Sharron! I totally enjoyed the vacation in the mountain. I felt so relaxed after using the spa at Giardino Mountain hotel! xo

• Asterienne 15/02/2017 at 13:41

I’m not a big fan of winter holidays, but this looks lovely. You always look so calm, so confident, very regal, even when in the intimate

• Tatjana 15/02/2017 at 13:20

Lovely description Yvonne, I was worried at some point you wouldn’t find your way back to the hotel.
    It would have been truly a shame, the place looks amazing!
    Love from https://tbymallano.com/

yvonne 15/02/2017 at 17:11

Hi Tatjana, I’m sure I would have found my way back with time once the snow storm calmed down. It’s a very beautiful place for a vacation! xo

• Susanne - Bag at you 15/02/2017 at 04:15

These photos look absolutely amazing!! Hope you had the best time in the mountains! Xx Susanne – https://bagatyou.com

yvonne 15/02/2017 at 08:00

I had a wonderful time Susanne! Have a lovely day! xo

• Janea 14/02/2017 at 22:24

Wow! That was quite an adventure, and you beautifully recount the details. The indoors part of your stay sounds delightful – as is your outfit. If I were to visit snowy mountains – which frankly, is unikely – I would LOVE to be dressed as you are. I especially love the yellow jacket and very furry boots.

yvonne 15/02/2017 at 07:57

The only thing I didn’t like was having cold hands. I loved everything else! I love snow and winter holidays and this part of the world is beautiful! If you change your mind, do visit St.Moritz. It’s beautiful. I glad that you like my outfit! Thanks, Janea! xo

• Itzy Canales 14/02/2017 at 17:25

I’ve visited Switzerland before but this part of it looks so incredible! Looks like you had a blast.

xx,
    Itzy
    Le Bella Gypsy

yvonne 14/02/2017 at 17:52

Hi Itzy, I have a wonderful time and enjoyed the spa very much! xo

• Brianna de Gaston 14/02/2017 at 08:35

That hotel looks amazing! My boyfriend and I are planning a trip and we aren’t really sure but after seeing this, we really want to go to Switzerland now.

Happy Valentine’s Day by the way! What did you do? 🙂

Thanks!
    Brianna

yvonne 14/02/2017 at 17:44

There are so many beautiful places to visit in Switzerland. I love St. Moritz in winter but summer is equally lovely. Happy valentine’s day Brianna! I will celebrate it at the weekend! xo

• English Lass in LA 13/02/2017 at 18:23

I know what that snow storm felt like as we had the same when I was in Colorado last week! It’s such an odd feeling being hot and bothered due to all your layers but your fingers going numb. I’m glad you got out of there safely and had a nice time relaxing afterward. xx

yvonne 14/02/2017 at 17:04

Although the experience was not so nice at the time, I would do it again as I really like been in the snow. Yes, it was just too many layers but I felt great after! xo

• Julia Pepper 13/02/2017 at 12:07

What a fantastic review my dera friend! Stunnin place and great post ! I definitely should visit it!
    Have a cool week
    Love

yvonne 14/02/2017 at 16:58

Hi Julia, you should definitely visit if you get the chance! You won’t be disappointed! It’s so beautiful! xo